Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My favorite things

I thought it would be fun to show a few of my favorite refinishes. If you want to see the before pictures, they are under the before & afters tab. 

This was my first real refinish ever. I stripped, sanded and stained this beauty. The cherry mahogany finish is one of my favorite stains ever. 

This was my own dresser that had been black. Before I got serious about furniture, everything I ever got my hands on was painted black. This was no exception. For my 30th birthday, all I wanted to do was paint this beauty. It changed everything about the way I started looking at furniture. 

This was so much fun! This baby started out as a dresser-like thing. I needed a side table, and an idea was born! Now I have so much more room for holiday decorations! 

I was in need of a new place for our tv and knew what I wanted, but could not find it. When this armoire went up for sale on KSL, I knew it was what I wanted. We still need to get the base molding put on, but other than that, it's perfect for our family room. 

No comments: